Keith McCarthy Academy

Skip to main content
En Español
Academics » Work Permits and Work Experience

Work Permits and Work Experience

If you are working and under 18 years of age, you are required by the State of California to have a work permit.   Everytime you get a new job you are also required to get a new work permit.  Work permits are obtained by completing a work permit application.  The application must be completed and signed by student, parent, and employer.  Return completed applications to the school.  Completed applications required 1-2 days for processing. 

Work Permits can be denied or revoked based on academic standing, discipline issues, or attendance issues.

If you get a job over summer break, work permits are obtained through the district office located at 545 Chaney Street, Lake Elsinore, CA 92530 (951) 253-7000.

Applications are available in the front office or click here to download.   Additional information regarding child labor laws can be reviewed on State of California's Industrial Relations web site.  Click here to go to their site.